Monday, April 30, 2007

First of May

I've been enjoying a long weekend since it's the First of May tomorrow and it's a public holiday here and so I'm not having school until Wednesday. First of May is the only carnival kind of celebration in Finland and so today there's lots and lots of people outside with balloons, serpentine and champagne. And tomorrow people usually have a picnic outside despite of the weather. However, I've been having a cold, so my celebration has been scrapping some old First of May pictures and designing..

Have you seen this layout of Amanda's she made using my Bouquet of Roses kit? It's just gorgeous and I love how she used the rose circles, placed the ribbon frame behind the scalloped frame (from Welli Designs) and did the title. Well, I just love the whole page and it's so exciting for me to see my designs in use. :) If you've also already used my kits I'd love to see what you've come up with so please send me a link to it.



BTW, Amanda is currently applying for Holly McCaig's CT and she's now one of the top six nominees. The one of the six who gets the most votes will be the new CT member. So, go over to Holly's blog and vote for Amanda. She'd really appreciate it. And if you want to see more of her awesome layouts you can see them here.

Well then, I think I'm going to show you the layouts I got done today. It takes me forever to complete a LO so to get two done in a day is actually quite fast for me.. ;) I'm still not quite sure about them, so all the constructive criticism is welcome.





Credits: bg paper - Katie Pertiet, frame - Carrie Stephens, arrows - Holly McCaig, JackieEcles and VickieHF, flowers - Misty Mareda and Corina, photo prong - Catrine, tab - Miss Mint, frames - Welli Designs, stamped alpha - Kim Christensen, balloon - me, button stich - Angela & Emily Powers.
Font: Pea Cammie Pea.

Well, that's it for now. See you again!

3 kommenttia:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. I love your LO's! That's cool how you made the windmill stick out of the frame and I love the photo filters on the top page. And is that you in the pictures with the red hair? I love it!

Your lay out's are just as awesome as your designs-well done! They are really beautiful-love that windmill!

They layouts are really nice and very clean, really nice. What you made with the windmill it's really great and by what I've read, difficult to do, so congratulations. :)
The photos are very nicely distributed in the page. I'm not sure the which one is the final size of the pages, but in the pics in the blog the second layout the two small bottom ones look a bit tiny, but if the page is just a bit bigger, it's a perfect layout. So they are really nice layouts, thanks for sharing them with us. :o)

Post a Comment