Saturday, June 30, 2007

Something medieval and something modern..

I went to a Medieval Market today with some friends of mine. It's a medieval fair that takes place every summer in my home town. There's always lots of handicraftsmen selling their products in little stalls and lots of actors playing common people and nobility that all creates a medieval athmosphere. The storyline alternates every year. This time it was the year 1412 and the common people were having a hard time obeying the rules, and there was a rebellion being planned. So, we saw how a tongue was cut out from a rebellious man and how a knight was executed because he had assassinated the Mayor.. There was also and archery performance and a jousting event etc. It's always great to visit there and interesting to see a glimpse of what life was like in the Middle Ages. I just went quite late to the fair today so I didn't any good pictures but I'll show you a few from previous years so you'll get an idea of it. 


I've been busy making some new products. Wanna see? I think you're gonna love this first set, or at least if you like stitches you will. ;) This set has 12 different funky and messy stitches made of real yarn so they are very realistic. Also, some of the stitches are included with and without realistic shadows. You can find the set here at Scraphead.


I also created a new pack of solid papers for my Simply Solids collection. The papers have nice pastel colors and gorgeous textures and can be found here.


And, I have a little freebie for you as well. :) I decided to try making templates of some of the old layouts of mine and this is the first one. It was actually much easier to transform a layout into a template than what I thought so I think I'll might be doing more of these.. :) Since it's the first template of mine, please let me know if there's any problems with the .psd file. 



Please leave a comment if you download. Enjoy!  

Sorry, the link is gone. Thanks to all for your interest in the freebie! :)

21 kommenttia:

I am downloading this kit and will probably use it today with one of your kits :) You do awesome work. Thank you!

This is a great templte - thank you

It's fantastic you are telling about the medieval market. It looks like great fun. :) And the photos are great. I would like to have something like that were I live, but even though we have markets, they are not of that kind and I don't think they organize that kind of thing in Dublin either. :(

The template is great and it's a great idea you try your hand at that. Templates are becoming very popular among scrapbookers. :)

Hope you have a great weekend, thanks a million and best wishes. :O)

Thanks so much for the wonderful template!

Thank you for your beautiful designs!!!

Teriffic template. Love the layout of it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! I really like ones that have room for several photos.

I am loving your new stitches and can't wait to play with them! I've been meaning to do a template or 2 also. And I love Rennaisance Fairs! I didn't get to go to one this year and was totally bummed. Oh well, there's always next year! Glad you had fun!

Fantastic! Thank you!

Thank you for the wonderful template.

Great template! Thanks so much!

First time here. Thanks for the template. Love it.

Thanks for the template! I hope to see more from you. :)

Great template! Thank you.

Cool template! Thanks!

thank you for sharing - d

Thanks for the great template!

I like this template because the pics dominate the page and that is certainly my style. Can't wait to use it..thanks.
ps. Nice blog you have =]

Nice template, thank you!

Thank you so much for the great template!

Post a Comment