Sunday, September 23, 2007

Traveling fever

Oh my, I can't believe I'll be going to Africa in a few days!! And on Thursday morning I'll be standing at the Johannesburg Airport on the other side of the world. I still haven't quite realized it but I guess it'll hit me once I get my things packed. I just hope I'll get them packed coz there's so many things I'll still have to do and the time is running out.. Today I've been emptying my kitchen so that the repairmen can change my kitchen cupboards to fix the damp while I'm gone. I'm not 100% sure if they'll do that but I had to empty the cupboards anyway just in case. It actually feels like I was moving coz I've got boxes lying around everywhere and the place looks half empty. I've also been taking out the clothes and stuff I'm going to take with me and it looks like I'll have to start thinking what things I can live without since I really won't be able to carry all that stuff with me to the other side of the world. It's not that I have so many clothes but I also have face masks, gloves, disinfection, toothpaste and sugar free gum samples and lots of other things related to dental care plus some toys and clothes for the children and not to forget my laptop, so there really is loads of things to fit into a few bags and less than 20 kilos. Well, I guess I'll manage with only 10 tops and two pair of shorts then.. ;)

On the scrapping front, did you know that there's a kit sale going on at Scraphead till the end of this month? So, if you've been wanting to get some of my kits now is a good time to do it.. :)


I'll also have this new alpha set available there soon. It coordinates with the Falling Leaves kit but it's great for any layout as it's really versatile and I just love the texture of it.



And talking about the Falling Leaves kit, here's a fab LO Amanda made with it. It's so cool how she used the ribbon frame to frame the journaling. You can leave here some love here.



I also managed to create a new LO last week. It's some pictures from our trip to Ikea two summers ago. I can't believe I'm that far behind in my scrapping.. See the credits for it here.



Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow's going to be exciting and a bit scary at school since we'll be practising giving those anaesthetic shots on each other.. Yikes!! Luckily, we'll get to practise on oranges first but I'm not sure if that'll be of that much help.. Well, I'm off to try to get some sleep anyway! So, good night! ;)

3 kommenttia:

I can't believe you are leaving already!!! It seems like you were just telling us you were accepted to go. I'm going to miss your designs while you're gone! But I'm sure you'll be having way too much fun to be thinking much about it. I hope you get access to the internet now and then so you can check in and let us know how things are going. I"m so excited for you!! Good luck!!

Well I don't know whether you'll have time to blog so just in case I hope you have a great trip towards the South and the experience there is fantastic for you. :) And as Amanda says I also hope you'll have the opportunity to get Internet every now and then at least, so at least you could still know what's going on in the Scrapworld. :)

Best of luck with the repair job and preparing your suitcases. :)

And have a great trip:)

Best wishes. :O)

Have a good trip Mira. Give me a shout when you are in Cape Town! All the best. Bonnie

Post a Comment