Saturday, January 23, 2010

BIG NEWS + a few new products

A lot of you probably already know what my news are and so it won't be such a surprise for all of you anymore. But, for the rest of you it probably will be. And the news are that I've decided to quit designing and I'm closing down my shop in the end of this month. I've been thinking about taking a break for some time now since I've been feeling I just don't have enough time for everything being a slow designer that I am and it has become a bit stressful to come up with new products every month. I also recently started a web designer course that I'm doing in addition to my full time job. Learning to make web sites is something I've been wanting to do since I studied programming at university. I just never had a proper chance to do that then so it wasn't until now that I got a chance to study web design and I'm all excited about it! :) It just means that I need time to concentrate on that and since there just isn't 30 hours in a day I had to cut down on something else.

So, I've made a though choise to quit designing, at least for now. It really is sad to let go of it since designing has been such a big part of my life during the last almost three years and it has brought along so many great experiences and people but it really is the right thing to do at this point. And closing down my shop doesn't mean I would abandon the digi scrapping world totally. I'm still going to be browsing through the galleries to see what's going on in the digi world and I'm pretty sure I'll also still design some stuff every now and then whenever I get a mojo for it. And whenever that happens I'll be giving away my stuff here on my blog for free. :)
Anyway, the good thing about retiring is that I'm having a huge retirement sale in my shop and everything is 50% off till January 31. So, you've got a little over a week to clear up your wishlists coz after that my stuff will be gone forever!


I also went through my HD to look for any unreleased stuff and managed to find a few things that are now available in my shop. :) The images are clickable.

Here's a sunny LO by my CTM Ziutka using these cool papers.




And this is my cute niece scrapped with one of the templates.
I also found these date stamps sitting on my HD. And since I now everybody loves nice date elements I figured I'd give these away as a freebie for you all. The red bits are really easy to recolor and these can be used over and over again. I hope you like them! You can get them here.


Ok, I think that's it then. Thank you all once again for sticking with me through these years and using my designs! I've enjoyed the ride and hopefully I'll still see you around! :)

14 kommenttia:

I'm sorry to hear you're stopping.. I hope to see you back one day! :) Good luck with the rest of your plans!

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave DigiFree search engine today (look for timestamp: [23 Jan 02:42pm GMT]).

Thank you for the great stamps, sorry to see you are leaving the designing field. Good luck and God bless!

So sorry to hear you'll be taking a break !! i can totally understand the pressures !! But i love your designs so much and thanks a ton for the current sale !! i just stocked up on some amazing products ! thanks minna !! good luck in what ever you decide to do and hope to see you and your designs soon !!!

Thank you! This freebie has been posted at All Things Digital Scrapbooking.

So sorry to see you go! I have lots of your designs and love them as they are so creative and unique! Maybe once in a while you will just throw out a grab bag full for us! Good luck in the future.

Thanks for sharing this date stamps...once again unique and beautiful work!

Grace

Ah, Mira. You were one of the first designers I found when I started digiscrapping and I loved your style instantly.

Good luck on this next phase of your career. I'm sure you will do very well and I applaud your decision to say no when there's too much to be done and to focus on your dream instead.

-Erika

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Jan. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

The very first time I spent money for digiscrapping was for your lovely Bobby Pins, and now I have a big part of your products. Good luck for your new projects Minna. We will miss you much much much !!

Big hugs from Paris (France)

Anne

It can be so hard to juggle so many things you love doing. We will miss you, and I'll make sure I stock up with more of your fabulous designs before you leave us. I'm sure your web designing will be equally as creative and successful. Thank you and best wishes

I feel so sad, but I wish you the best of luck!

I will miss your designs. Please come back someday. Thanks for the date stamps.

What a bad news! I wish you all the best and thank you for the beautiful freebie.
Btw - I can´t find no products in your shop :(

Minna, how are you? Still miss your designs so if you ever start designing again... HERE I am?

(((Hugs))) Marlen

Post a Comment